Blackjack is a classic casino game which is quite popular among Canadian gaming fans. When played correctly, Blackjack has the lowest house edge among the other games. Thus it's a favorite among players. Players who approach the game with strategy and skill can reduce the house's advantage to around 0.4%. In addition to this, players can reap more benefits when they play Blackjack with a casino bonus.
First and foremost, players have to understand that not all Blackjack variants can be played with a bonus. Sometimes, casinos do not allow Classic Blackjack or Progressive Blackjack to be played with a bonus. If players ignore this rule and go onto play with a bonus, then the player might lose his bonus and any winnings associated to the bonus will have to be forfeited.
Secondly, blackjack contributes towards only a small percentage towards meeting the bonus wagering requirements. Slots and other casino games of chance usually count 100% towards meeting the bonus wagering requirements. Thus, players have to carefully read the terms and conditions, particularly the part the focuses on the Blackjack games and their eligibility towards meeting the stipulated wagering requirements.
Best Canadian Blackjack Casino Bonuses
- Bonus Types
- HHigh Roller
- FFree Play
- NNo Deposit
- CCash Back
- PPost Wager
Types of Blackjack Bonuses
Most Canadian casinos offer the following types of Blackjack bonuses for Canadian players.
- Match bonuses - In this type of bonus, the wagering restrictions that Blackjack usually contributes to ranges anywhere between 5% and 30%. This bonus will be explained in detail with examples further on in this article.
- No deposit bonuses - Players may sometimes come across a No deposit Blackjack bonus at a casino. However, the player has to remember that with this bonus, the wagering percentage is extremely low.
- Free play bonuses - Players can generally use this bonus to play all casino games but if they end up wining something, the money will be counted as a bonus and will be subject to standard wagering requirements.
Blackjack Bonus Rules
In order to explain Blackjack bonus terms and conditions better, let's consider the bonuses offered at G'Day Casino and the match bonuses available at GoWild Casino. G'Day casino gives players, an unlimited 100% welcome bonus along with C$500 each on the next two deposits plus 50 free spins bonus, right after they register. The 50 free spins bonus can be used only on South Park: Reel Chaos. This is an example as to how the bonus is allocated:
- The player's initial deposit gets a 100% match bonus and no limit imposed on the maximum initial deposit amount
- A 25% match bonus up to C$500 on the player's second deposit
- And a 50% bonus up to C$500 on the player's deposit.
Players are required to make a qualifying deposit of C$20. Once players get the bonus, they must meet the wagering restrictions stated in the bonus rules before they request a withdrawal. For instance, if a player deposits C$100, the casino gives the player C$100 extra. If the player then decides to play slots with this amount, they must reach the wagering requirements of 35 x C$200, i.e. wager C$7,000. However, if the player wishes to play Blackjack, they should be aware of the following rules:
- In order to meet the wagering requirements, first the player has to use the bonus money and then wager the cash that they have deposited.
- Unfortunately, at G'Day casino Blackjack cannot be played with bonus money. Only after the player spends their bonus money, are they allowed to play the game with their cash.
- Apart from Blackjack, there are other “cash only” games such as Winners Wheel, pokers, Super Hi Lo, Six Ball, Hi Lo Money Spinner as well as other classic table games.
Now let's look at the match bonus offered by GoWild Casino. At this casino players get C$500 as the new player welcome bonuses along with 2,500 loyalty rewards points. This casino has two offers:
- A 100% initial deposit bonus along with 2,000 loyalty points
- Or 150 free spins on Avalon Mobile, 200 free spins on Riviera Riches and 2,000 loyalty rewards points
Furthermore, the casino provides players with a 50% match up to C$150 free, on their second and third deposits. These are the rules of the GoWild Casino's bonus:
- Players have to register an account and deposit at least C$20.
- Players will receive 500 loyalty points just for registering a new account.
- Players have to visit the special offers tab on the casino's site and select the offer that they would like to claim.
- The bonus will be automatically credited into the player's account.
According to the rules of this casino, all bonuses have to be played through or wagered 40 times before the player makes a withdrawal request. Typically, Keno, slots and scratch cards count 100% towards the player's wagering. On the contrary, Blackjack counts for only 5%. This means that for every C$1 a player wagers on the game, they are actually betting C$0.05 towards the wagering requirement. However, a number of Blackjack variants such as namely Atlantic City Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Vegas Downtown Blackjack, Hi Lo 13 European Blackjack Gold, Vegas Strip, Vegas Single Deck Blackjack and Triple 7s cannot be played with the bonus or in other words are ineligible.
With all of this being said, once players are aware of the small percentage of Blackjack bets that count toward the playthrough requirements, they might be a little apprehensive as to how will they be able to claim these Blackjack casino bonuses. However, Blackjack is a game of both chance and skill and when players approach the game with the appropriate strategy; they can win a lot of money. In order to safeguard the house from losing money, Canadian casinos instinctively limit the ability of Blackjack players to obtain bonus money. However, the upside of this is that players can find casinos that offer generous Blackjack bonuses and also play the game with bonus money.