Roulette was first played as a French casino game, but now it is played all over the world and has been raised to the rank of a top casino classic alongside Blackjack and Baccarat. Canadians are quite fond of all the variations of Roulette such as European, French and American Roulette, Mini Wheel Roulette, Multiplayer Roulette. Canada-friendly casinos that offer the European variant are the most preferred among Canadians as it has the smallest house edge of 2.7%.
A number of Canada-friendly casinos that offer this game of chance also promote roulette casino bonus offers, so that Canadians can try roulette without risking real money. Roulette and its variants can be played with bonus money. However, these bonuses usually contribute only a small percentage towards meeting the stipulated wagering restrictions. This page lists the best bonuses for roulette, to ensure that Canucks have an added advantage while playing roulette.
Top Canadian Roulette Casino Bonuses
- Bonus Types
- HHigh Roller
- FFree Play
- NNo Deposit
- CCash Back
- PPost Wager
Types of Roulette Bonuses
The most common types of roulette bonuses that are available at Canadian casinos are as follows:
- No deposit bonuses - This bonus is exclusively for new players and ranges between C$5 and C$50.This bonus has higher wagering requirements in comparison to the other bonus types.
- Free play bonuses - This bonus is also exclusively for new players. It is offered by a number of casinos, particularly at casinos powered by Microgaming software. These bonuses are valid for an hour and players can use it at all casino games including roulette. The winnings from this bonus are subject to wagering requirements.
- Match bonuses - Match bonuses apply to both new and regular players and are offered by most of the Canadian casinos. These are usually percentage bonuses that match the deposits of players. When roulette is played with these bonuses, a set of different rules apply to the game. Examples of roulette match bonuses are explained in detail below.
Roulette Bonus Rules
We will take a look at the match bonuses available at the casinos 21Prive and Go Wild in order to explain the roulette bonus rules. The 21Prive casino offers a welcome match bonus package with the following:
- An unlimited 100% match bonus up to infinity on the player’s first deposit.
- The player receives a 25% bonus up to C$500 on his second deposit.
- Additionally, the player gets a 50% match bonus up to C$500 on his third deposit.
- The minimum deposit amount of C$20 is required to qualify for the bonuses.
This bonus allows players to try all the games available at the casino. Initially, the player has to wager with the cash they deposit. When there is no real cash available in the player’s account, only then can they start using their bonus money. However, the bonus money cannot be used to play all casino games as the wagering requirements impose a number of stipulations on the bonus. The specific bonus rollover rules are as follows:
- Bonus money cannot be used to play roulette and other table games; only cash wagers alone can be applied for these games.
- Cash wagers alone can be applied for games such as Six Ball, poker games, Winners Wheel, virtual, Hi Lo Money Spinner and Super Hi Lo.
- Games like slots, scratch cards, fun games and ball games can be played with money and are subject to a 35x wagering requirement.
- Certain slots such as Big Bad Wolf and Blood Suckers are subject to a 175x wagering requirement.
We will use the Go Wild Casino as our second example. The casino offers new players C$500 in welcome bonuses along with 2,500 loyalty points. In addition to this, new players also get a 100% bonus on their first deposit and a 50% match bonus on their second and their deposit of up to C$150. This is how the bonus works:
- Players have to register a new account and make a minimum deposit of C$20.
- Players receive 500 loyalty points for just registering an account.
- Players have to visit the special offer tab on the casino’s page and choose their bonus offer.
- The player’s bonus money will be credited immediately.
This bonus also has 40x wagering requirements. This means that it has to be turned over 40 times before a player can make a withdrawal request. Roulette can be played with this bonus but the wagering counts as a small percentage. The wagering requirements of this bonus are as follows:
- Variants of roulette such as Multiplayer Roulette, Roulette Royale and all other types are not permitted for wagering purposes. American Roulette contributes only 5% towards the player’s wagering requirements.
- Games of chance such as scratch cards, classic and video slots and Keno count 100% towards the rollover requirement;
- Other games that count 5% are certain table poker games, video poker and Blackjack.
- A player’s winnings and bonus will be void, if he tries to wager on games that are not permitted.
There are a couple of Canadian friendly casinos that offer very generous roulette casino bonuses with reasonable wagering requirements. However, players should remember that not all roulette variants can be played with a bonus. The versions of roulette that can be played with a bonus usually count a small percentage towards the wagering. Nonetheless, players are advised to compare the different types of roulette bonuses, particularly their wagering requirements, so that they can find the most generous one.